October 09, 2006

Loving my friends!

Friends are wonderful, aren't they? They make you laugh, see you for who you really are, kick your butt, give you strength and courage to face whatever it is you happen to be facing...The last few weeks we've had friends staying with us and it's been so good!

Natalie, whom I haven't seen since Timo and I got married a year and a half ago, came all the way from Kelowna, Canada because "it was time". In some senses our lives 'look' so different from each others, and yet there is something so similar in our hearts - we connect and just seem to 'know' each other so well, despite the time and the distance. It's such a blessing and we conclude that it must be God, because everything He does is good! I love you. Watch this space for a trip to Kelowna...!

Then we had both Timo and my parents to visit. They get along so well, mostly Timo and I get to sit back and leave them to it! Our heart really was to have them with us and really honour them for being extraordinary parents, role models, friends - and whilst I think we did acheive this, they ended up blessing us so much more! We love you. That's parents for you, can't seem to out give them! Hmmm, sounds familiar....

We've just had some other friends from back in my home town with us. What a giggle! Andrea and Leo are some of the most chilled people...we basically did not a lot of anything, and had the best time! Plus, ever so domestic that they are, did all the washing up! Please come again! We love you.

And anyone who hasn't yet been... please come!

No comments: