January 05, 2007

Psalm 29

I am so glad that we can hear God...as in, read the words on a page but actually hear the truth ringing in our hearts.

Life has been a bit of a rollercoaster for me, pretty much up until two weeks ago. My heart felt in absolute turmoil over one thing I was facing on a daily basis, and for all my searching I couldn't find peace.

During Christmas break I happened to look upon Psalm 29. It struck me as awesome, as only God can be!

The voice of the Lord echoes above the sea.
The God of glory thunders...
The voice of the Lord is powerful;
The voice of the Lord is full of majesty...
The voice of the Lord makes the desert quake;
The voice of the Lord twists the mighty oaks
and strips the forests bare...

The Lord rules over the floodwaters.
The Lord reigns as King forever.
The Lord gives his people strength.
The Lord blesses them with peace.

The very One who's voice has the power to thunder and quake, split and twist creation itself is ruling over the floodwaters of my heart, reigning as King over my life, giving me strength and pouring out His blessing of peace. This is the truth.

I love hearing Him, I love knowing that He is present, that He is over ALL things and yet He is so close. Isn't He beautiful?

No comments: